Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hooked on Goats



They love exploring...But I have to keep her away from my garlic because boy did it make her milk taste yucky. =P
We sat by the fire outside to babysit the goats their first time out.  I had to get a picture of the beautiful sunset.
After two weeks we're really getting the hang of milking and getting over a quart each morningDonyea and I had a competition today ~ her on one side, me on the other, seeing how much we could milk in two minutes.  She got one cup and I got a cup and a half...OF COURSE I WON, haha, you know I like a good competition.  But also right now I've gotten more practice, being the one who milks during the week right after taking the kids to school at 8:30.  In April we can wean the babies and milk twice a day, which will give us about half a gallon every day.  So far I've made vanilla and chocolate pudding, no cheese yet. It's fun using the last of the goats milk at night and knowing there will be another jar filled up the next mornin. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment