Saturday, February 16, 2013

Baking Day

I'm determined to get the most space possible out of my tiny little kitchen. We've already omitted the microwave, coffee pot, and toaster. All that's left is a toaster oven and the Vita Mix (which ain't goin nowhere cause that things amazin). And, the bread machine. So I came up with the brilliant idea of having a baking day. Instead of using the bread machine everyday or every other day, I can store it in the pantry and just bring it out once a week. Another perk is that I won't have to keep refilling my flour container! The bread can be frozen or refrigerated to stay fresh. I had fun doing it, and figure adding baking to my Monday laundry day will work out nicely since I'm home all day anyways.

These are the nine loaves I made on my first baking day. After the bread cools, I slice it up with my handy bread slicer and store them in plastic one gallon baggies that I reuse. I like making one and two pound loaves for different purposes.  The one pounders are a great size for the kid's school lunches, and two pound loaves are nice and big for the hubby's sandwiches, and also making toast..or french toast, one of our favs.

No comments:

Post a Comment